Ooni Karu 12 Portable Wood Fired Pizza Oven
✓ Free Mainland Australia Shipping
✓ Questions? Call Us: 1300 760 753
Free Shipping Included (Australia Mainland)
Dispatched Same Day (From Melbourne Warehouse) For Orders Before 12 pm
Sent via Startrack Road Express
Ooni's Karu pizza oven is a real wood or charcoal beast of a pizza oven. You can even use the oven with wood and charcoal mix. As with all Ooni ovens, they are designed for ease of use. Fast heat-up times are a given with the Ooni Karu with it reaching 500 degrees Celcius in less than 20 minutes.
The Ooni Karu is gas compatible with the addition of the Ooni Gas Burner. The gas burner simply attaches to the back of the Ooni Karu with a couple of Allen key bolts, very easy process and no more than a 1-2 minute job.
Like the Ooni Pro pizza oven, the Ooni Karu uses a custom-designed fuel tray which maximises airflow and delivers a powerful blast of searing flame. It's so efficient that when using real wood or charcoal there's no excess ash to clean.
Not Sure About Wood, Charcoal Or Gas?
We get asked all the time at The Pizza Oven Store which fuel is recommended. So here's our information to help you with your decision to buy your oven.
- Choose Wood & Charcoal option if you want to experience the true taste of wood-fired pizza. You can, of course, add the Ooni Gas Burner to get the best of both worlds.
- Building a fire from real wood and charcoal is an enjoyable experience. There is a craft in keeping a fire going and it's as much fun learning the craft as it is cooking delicious wood-fired pizzas.
- We're not going to lie to you about the ease of gas over wood and charcoal. Gas pizza ovens are far easier to operate. Twist and click the dial to ignite the piezo starter, wait 20 minutes and the Ooni Karu is ready to cook pizzas at 500 degrees Celcius.
- So how hard is it with a wood-fired pizza oven such as the Ooni Karu or Ooni Pro? Easy. The first time you will learn rapidly and from then onwards you'll be a pro.
- Having a dry wood that's 15cm long and less than 5cm dia. and placing 6 pieces in the Ooni Karu and lighting is as simple as it is. Adding a small number of pieces (2-3 at a time) regularly is key to an awesome fire.
- Just thinking gas is all you want? Choose the Ooni Koda pizza oven which is LPG gas-only and one of our most popular gas pizza ovens.
- AUTHENTIC: cook with real wood & charcoal
- PORTABLE: take it with you to any outdoor space, it’s only 12kg
- POWERFUL: epic flames & heat retention, ready to cook in 15 mins
What's in the box
- Ooni Karu Pizza Oven
- Stone baking board
- Ooni Karu Manual and Ooni Essentials Guide with tips and recipes
- Dimensions: 77cm x 40cm x 80cm (30 x 15 x 31″)
- Unboxed weight: 12kg (26.5lb)
- Cooking surface: 33 cm (13″)
- 15mm (0.6″) cordierite stone baking board resistant
- Brushed 430 stainless steel, glass-reinforced nylon