Ooni Karu 12 | Portable Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven - Starter Bundle
5 Year Warranty
When you buy an Ooni oven from us, you'll get Ooni's 5 year warranty.
Just register your Ooni within 60 days.
The Ooni Karu 12 is gas compatible with the addition of the Ooni Gas Burner. The gas burner simply attaches to the back of the Ooni Karu 12 with a couple of Allen key bolts, very easy process and no more than a 1-2 minute job.
Like the Ooni Pro pizza oven, the Ooni Karu 12 uses a custom-designed fuel tray that maximises airflow and delivers a powerful blast of searing flame. It's so efficient that when using real wood or charcoal there's no excess ash to clean.
Not Sure About Wood, Charcoal Or Gas?
We get asked all the time at The Pizza Oven Store which fuel is recommended. So here's our information to help you with your decision to buy your oven.
- Choose Wood & Charcoal option if you want to experience the true taste of wood-fired pizza. You can, of course, add the Ooni Gas Burner to get the best of both worlds.
- Building a fire from real wood and charcoal is an enjoyable experience. There is a craft in keeping a fire going and it's as much fun learning the craft as it is cooking delicious wood-fired pizzas.
- We're not going to lie to you about the ease of gas over wood and charcoal. Gas pizza ovens are far easier to operate. Twist and click the dial to ignite the piezo starter, wait 20 minutes and the Ooni Karu is ready to cook pizzas at 500 degrees Celcius.
- So how hard is it with a wood-fired pizza oven such as the Ooni Karu or Ooni Pro? Easy. The first time you will learn rapidly and from then onwards you'll be a pro.
- Having a dry wood that's 15cm long and less than 5cm dia. and placing 6 pieces in the Ooni Karu and lighting is as simple as it is. Adding a small number of pieces (2-3 at a time) regularly is key to an awesome fire.
- Just thinking gas is all you want? Choose the Ooni Koda pizza oven which is LPG gas-only and one of our most popular gas pizza ovens.
The Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (AVPN) safeguards the time-honored tradition of Neapolitan pizza, preserving its unique essence for generations to come. The globally recognized "true Neapolitan pizza" seal certifies that products bearing it are endorsed for crafting authentic Neapolitan pizza. This endorsement signifies that the item has undergone evaluations set by the Register of Suppliers and tests conducted by the Federico II University of Naples, assuring its suitability for creating genuine Neapolitan pizza even in home settings.
- AUTHENTIC: cook with real wood & charcoal
- PORTABLE: take it with you to any outdoor space, it’s only 12kg
- POWERFUL: epic flames & heat retention, ready to cook in 15 mins
What's in the box
- Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven
- Stone baking board
- Ooni Karu 12 Manual and Ooni Essentials Guide with tips and recipes
- FREE Avanti Mezzaluna Cutter
- 5-year warranty (once product is registered online when received)
- Dimensions: 77cm x 40cm x 80cm (30 x 15 x 31?)
- Unboxed weight: 12kg (26.5lb)
- Cooking surface: 33 cm (13?)
- 15mm (0.6?) cordierite stone baking board resistant
- Brushed 430 stainless steel, glass-reinforced nylon